Olive Oil CakeFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease and line a 9 inch springform pan with baking paper, or grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs for about 3 minutes until pale and thick.
- Add the caster sugar and whisk until the mixture triples in size so it is pale, thick, foamy and leaves a trail when you lift out the beaters.
- Continue to whisk on a high speed while you add the olive oil, drop by drop.
- Sift the flour onto the mixture and fold in gently with a spoon.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is golden, springy and shrinking away from the sides.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Sprinkle the cake with sifted icing sugar, slice and serve with passion fruit juice drizzled around each plate.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating4 people
Tippy- I just love this but what is golden caster sugar? Is there another name for it?greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
I have used olive oil in cakes when I had no vegetable oil....it was great and nobody knew the difference. This one sounds great!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I have made olive oil cakes before, this sounds terrific! :)noir in Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!