Chocolate RosesFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
How to make it
- The chocolate modeling clay is made by combining melted chocolate and light corn syrup.
- Note: the chocolate can be substituted with almond bark, or colored candy disks to create different colored flowers.
- *Chocolate clay:
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir. If chocolate is not completely melted, return to the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir until smooth.
- If you don’t have a microwave, place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot water and stir until melted.
- When the chocolate is melted, add the corn syrup and blend.
- Pour the mixture onto a waxed paper sheet.
- Spread the chocolate with your fingers until it’s about 1/2 inch thick. Cover loosely with waxed paper and let it stiffen for at least a couple hours or overnight. The chocolate will become very pliable.
- *Making a Chocolate Rose:
- Roll 10 marble-sized balls from the chocolate clay.
- Place the balls on a waxed paper sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Place another waxed paper sheet on top.
- Use your thumbs to press each marble into a flat disk (about the size of a quarter).
- *To form the rose:
- Remove 1 disk and curl it into a teepee shape, narrow at the top and wider at the bottom.
- Wrap the next disk around the opening of the teepee and the third disk at the back of the teepee.
- This is the rose bud.
- Continue adding disks which will look like petals.
- Continue to layer them to create a rose in bloom.
- *Roses can be used as edible decorations for a cake or to create a basketful of blooms. They will harden after a few days and can be saved by storing in a cool, dry place.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating9 people
I've always had a hard time making a pretty rose, but after looking at how yours are put together I think I will try them again. What a great idea making them out of chocolate. You have my 5, thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
so pretty! I couldn't eat them......at first, but give me a few minutes!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I'm going to try this, never done anything like it before!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!