Chocolate Soda Pop CakeFrom sas 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven as instructed on the box
- Let's say I am making a chocolate cake:
- Oil and dust the pan (oil: any cocoa mix)
- Put mix into bowl
- Dump 3/4 of the can of soda and fold until all is moist
- Add rest of soda and hand mix
- Pour in prepared pan
- For baking directions follow directions on the box ( I usually turn oven down a few degrees and keep an eye on it for doneness. Do not over bake; keep moist.
- I use these cakes especially for trifles, it is unbelievably moist.
- Carrot Cake-Orange Soda
- Red Velvet Cake-Cherry Soda
- White Cake-Ginger Ale
- Spice cake-Ginger Ale
- And on and on
- If you are a vegan (or have to cook for one everyday) there are great mixes on the market
- Make whatever frosting you like
- For Vegan: Tofutti-Better than Cream Cheese, soy milk, powdered sugar. Add any crushed fruit to the icing.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!