Gazpacho Spanish Cold Tomato SoupFrom inmaculada 6 years ago
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, peeled OR 32 oz canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1 medium carrot shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup Spanish extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3-4 Tbsp Spanish Sherry vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder (optional) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- ice cubes shopping list
- * Reserve 1 Tbsp each of chopped vegetables for garnish. shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and chop veggies.
- If using canned tomatoes use the liquid also for the soup.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender, working in batches if necessary, until it becomes a thin and creamy soup.
- Pour in a big bowl and adjust seasoning. If it´s too thick add 1/2 to 1 cup cold water.
- Cool for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Serve the soup in individual bowls adding, if like, about 1 Tbsp per person of the reserved chopped mixed vegetables and some ice cubes.
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating5 people
I have not met a gazpacho I did not like.. I have this alot this time of year for lunch..
I like to add lime juice... fresh when I eat it!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Gazpacho is wonderful and your recipe is proof of how simple a recipe can be and also be so delicious.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Yum. Gezpacho is one of those dishes that makes your mouth water just thinking 'bout it. I agree w/linebb, lime would be the perfect finisher on this.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Mediterannean Cuisine135 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Low Carb110 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food141 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Anything Goes286 members
Breakfast Recipes121 members