Vegetarian Asian Lettuce WrapsFrom falafel_fanatic 8 years ago
- 16 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves shopping list
- 1 pound vegetarian ground crumbles (Ex:Boca, Morning Star Farms) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced pickled ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar shopping list
- Asian chile pepper sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, cook the crumbles in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, stirring often and reducing the heat to medium, if necessary.
- Drain, and set aside to cool.
- Cook the onion in the same pan, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, soy sauce, peanut sauce, ginger, vinegar, and chile pepper sauce to the onions, and stir.
- Stir in chopped water chestnuts, green onions, and sesame oil, and continue cooking until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter, and pile meat mixture in the center.
- To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the crumbles into a lettuce leaf.
- Wrap the lettuce around the crumbles like a burrito, and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookfalafel_fanatic Bardstown, KY
The Rating3 people
My mouth is watering - I can't wait to try this! Great post. Ya got my 5!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
I love these...when I lived in Las Vegas there was a restaurant,P.F. Chang's, that did these very well. They also had a chicken version which was very good, too.
Yours looks great!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
very interesting very good thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it