Cappuccino Nanaimo BarsFrom jaeleepoms 8 years ago
- ---CRUST--- shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup coconut, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped shopping list
- ----FILLING---- shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso or coffee granules shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups icing sugar shopping list
- ---TOPPING---- shopping list
- 4-5 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1-2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tspn unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy saucepan, combine butter, cocoa, sugar and egg; cook over low heat, stirring, until butter has melted. Remove from heat; stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut and walnuts. Pat evenly into greased 9-inch square cake pan. Bake in 350F (180C) oven for 10-12 minutes or until just firm. Let cool completely on rack.
- Filling: In small saucepan, heat milk, butter, espresso powder and vanilla over low heat until butter has melted and espresso powder has dissolved. Transfer to mixing bowl; let cool. Beat in sugar until thickened and smooth; spread evenly over cooled base. Refrigerate for about 45 minutes or until firm.
- Topping: Meanwhile, in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water, melt together chocolate and butter; spread over filling. Swirl in the melted semisweet chocolate for a little deocration. With sharp knife, score through topping of bars only. You can also decorate each serving by placing a couple of chocolate covered espresso beans while topping is still soft. Refrigerate until topping is set. Cut into bars.
- Bars can be covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen in airtight container for up to 1 month.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating5 people
This looks Sooooooo good! I love coffee in baked goods; I'm a proud chocoholic, and this has crust, filling, AND topping with chocolate and coffee? I'm not gonna be able to stop eating these!!
-Vegangal123vegangal123 in London loved it
BOOKMARKED immed...WOW!!! can just imagine why u cant seem to leave 'em alone!!vindee in Gurgaon loved it
These look awesome.. Going to bookmark.linebb956 in La Feria loved it