All Night All Rotten PotatoesFrom morninlite 8 years ago
- 5 lbs Potaotes - mom used bakers, I like to use Yukons shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 cans cheddar soup shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups half and half shopping list
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups shredded or crummbled sharp cheddar cheese (If it's available, I use white vermont cheddar... yum!) shopping list
- 3 tsp paprika (smokey hungarian is the best in my book!) shopping list
- 1 med vadalia onion, minced fine shopping list
How to make it
- On the night before:
- Wash/scrub potatoes well. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes and drop into cold water. (Peel if you want to, but I like the skins on)
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, add soup, half and half, cheese (all but 1/2 cup) paprika and minced onion. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Drain and transfer potatoes to crockpot. Pour cheese sauce over all, cover and slow cook for 10 hours.
- When you get up in the morning, put remaining cheese over top, sprinkle with more paprika and set to warm until dinner time.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, MI
The Rating11 people
Excellent! I will give my crock pot a workout tonight!
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Talk about comfort food..this is it!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Delicious and definitely comforting! Love the name of it too. LOL
jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!