County Fair Cream CandyFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
How to make it
- in a 2-quart saucepan combine sugar and cream, stirring well. Place on heat, then continue stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cover pan; bring mixture to a boil; cook 1 minute or until steam inside pan has melted all sugar crystals down from the sides.
- Remove cover; continue cooking without stirring over gentle heat to a soft-ball stage (235 degrees F), about 12 minutes.
- Let cool without stirring or moving until lukewarm (110 degrees F).
- Add flavoring, nutmeats and cherries.
- Stir-beat with heavy spoon until candy becomes creamy and loses its gloss, about 8 minutes.
- Pour into a lightly greased, 8-inch square pan.
- Cut while still warm.
- Makes about 1 pound.