Popcorn Stuffed Roast Turkey With Grand Marnier GlazeFrom shine 6 years ago
- For the stuffing: shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- one green bell pepper, cut up shopping list
- 1 cup celery, cut up shopping list
- 2 ½ cups washed, unpopped popcorn shopping list
- 3 cups washed, uncooked rice shopping list
- *******Glaze******* shopping list
- 10 cups Grand Marnier shopping list
- one tablespoon Tahitian vanilla bean paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons arrow root powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons water shopping list
How to make it
- Place 1 1/2 ounces heated Grand Marnier into a deep container with a wide mouth -- a brandy snifter works well for this purpose. If in the company of friends, repeat this for each one of them.
- Make a toast to life, and down it. This is essential for the outcome of this recipe, ensuring the Grand Marnier is fresh is important.
- wash the bird, and pat dry.
- Refill brandy snifters -- you know what's to do!
- Combine all ingredients for the stuffing, and mix well.
- Stuff turkey loosely
- check the temperature of the Grand Marnier by taking a gulp
- truss the turkey. If you don't have any kitchen twine, go out to the barn and grab some baling wire. Take a glass of the orange stuff with you.
- Once the turkey is trussed, celebrate the accomplishment with another swig.
- Put Turkey in 350° oven -- if you have a roasting pan you can use that if you want to.
- In a small saucepan, put about three glugs of Grand Marnier in. If you accidentally put in four, empty the saucepan into your glass, and try putting three glugs in the saucepan again. If unsuccessful the second time, skip the glass and drink out of the damn pot. If unsuccessful after three tries, ask for a volunteer to go to the store for another couple of bottles.
- When the bottles arrive, take one for yourself, and line everyone up so they can try filling the damn pot.
- Check the turkey; you can tell it's getting close to being done by a buldge near the rear of the bird, and gurgling sounds that are not quite as loud as your friends.
- If all attempts to fill the pot with precisely 3 glugs have been unsuccessful, quickly open the turkey and pour a few splashes on the oven.
- Close the door -- trust me
- continue to get baked, and cook the turkey, untill popcorn pops and blows hind end off Turkey.
- Serve your friends on individual plates, or just throw them all in the bathtub.
- Take two aspirin, and get ready for one hell of a hangover.
People Who Like This Dish 4
- laurakaay Oroville, CA
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- trigger MA
- auntybea Vernon, Canada
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- mommyth Kochav HaShachar, IL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating9 people
WOW !!!!!! !!!! HAHAHA IM TOO DRUNK TO CARE THATS HILARIOUS....YO- HO AND A BOTTLE OR 3 OF RUM..OR IN THIS CASE GRAND MARNIER.......THAT POOR TURKEY.....HAHAHAHA THATS GREAT RAY.....LOTS OF PIXIE DUST TO GIVE IT A BIG 5.........LOL LOL THIS SOUNDS L...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
And drink and stuff and driink and stuff untill its all done wow alrright great reciep thankmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
LOL, you are so funny.Pop, pop, pop that bird. My daughter will get a big kick out of that Turkey. She likes Grand Marnier,LOL.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!