Blueberry Lime SalsaFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 1 small jalapeno - or larger if you like it spicy! shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. fresh blueberries (divided use) shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion shopping list
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cored and seeded shopping list
- 3 T. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 t. sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. loosely packed finely julienned fresh basil shopping list
- 1/3 c. loosely packed coarsely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 t. freshly grated ginger root shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Use your favorite method to roast and skin the jalapeno.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 2 cups of the blueberries, the onion and red pepper. Process until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Do NOT over process! Transfer to bowl and add lime juice and salt; stir to combine. Finely chop the skinned jalapeno and add to the blueberry mixture with the basil, cilantro, the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries, oil, ginger, and black pepper. Stir well.
- Set aside for 1 hour to let the flavors blend..