Double Crusted Blueberry PieFrom michellem 5 years ago
- Use Your favorite pie crust recipe. I have one posted and I hear Jett has a great one too! shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- Coursley grated zest of 1/2 lemon(don't skip this part) shopping list
- Squirt of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs, I used graham cracker crumbs instead shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tsp water, for egg wash shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your pie crust for a double crust pie
- Put the berries in a large bowl and gently stir in the sugar, flour, salt, zest and juice, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Srinkle bread crumbs or graham cracker crumbs over the bottom uncooked crust.
- Put filling in pie crust and top with crust.
- Cut 4 slits in the top crust and cut a circle out of the center.
- Cover top crust with egg wash, then sprinkle the crust with sugar, I used large sugar crystals.
- Bake the pie for 30 min. at 425*.
- Reduce the heat to 375* and continue baking for 30 more minutes. Watch the crust if it gets to brown make a loose foil tent for the pie.
- Transfer the pie to a rack and let it cool-and settle for at lest 30 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla icecream.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating4 people
Oh Michelle, I can tell this one is a winner - love the lemon juice and zest, and your switch to graham crumbs...this will be my next fruit pie, hopefully next weekend (I already have some of Jett's dough in the freezer and that takes me the longest ...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
I loved using those sugar crystals idea Michelle...The filling is so simple and delicious.Thanks for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Oh yeah, Michelle - we picked up blueberries (and they are SWEET) at Costco today...I promised John your blueberry pie tomorrow. I can't wait - will take some pics for you, too, since you're having problems with yours!!! Woo-hoo!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!