Zapatas FajitasFrom squirrel_nut 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cumino seeds shopping list
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 Tbsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp black pepper shopping list
- 4 Tbsp oregano flakes shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp paprika shopping list
- 1 7oz can chipoltes in adobe sauce shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 C minced garlic shopping list
- 2 lemons - juiced shopping list
- 1 C olive oil shopping list
- 5 lb skirt or flank steak shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet over med heat, roast mustard, cumino, coriander and fennel seeds. apprx 4-5min, stirring constantly.
- remove skillet from heat and add...
- onion powder, oregano, black pepper, salt and paprika. mix well with other ingredients in the skillet.
- in a blender, puree chipoltes, bay leaves, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
- add pureed ingredients to the skillet and mix well.
- marinate steak for 1 hr.
- remove steak from the marinade. set aside and fire up the grill.
- pour remaining marinade back into the skillet and bring to a full boil. you can now use this as a mopping sauce for the steak as it grills.
- grill on high heat for a couple of minutes each side. use mopping sauce as desired.
- let the steak rest for 10 min before slicing in strips across the grain.
- serve with grilled onions, bell peppers and pico de gallo on flour tortillas.
- i like to set aside a few Tbsp of the marinade to use on the onions and bell peppers. just saute until soft using extra olive oil as needed.
The Cooksquirrel_nut Austin, TX
The Rating1 people
Oh wow - this sounds wonderful and fajitas are one of my favorite dishes! Thanks so much for the marinade recipe, Squirrel m'dear. I love that recipe picture - that is so cool!
I hope you're having a great weekend. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
I love the pictures you added - wow, that makes me hungry! I can't wait to taste that marinade and make the fajitas. Thanks again, hon - and have a wonderful, tasty day. :)lunasea in Orlando loved it