Banana Bars With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- Bars: shopping list
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 large or 3 medium bananas) shopping list
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional shopping list
- Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 6 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- For the bars, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs, mixing in well; stir in bananas.
- Dissolve soda in sour cream.
- Add flour, salt and cinnamon to batter alternately with sour cream mixture, until batter is well blended.
- Pour batter into greased 10x15 baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, mix all ingredients together with electric mixer (using a mixer will tend to give you a fluffier frosting than mixing by hand).
- Spread over cooled bars.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
I consider cream cheese a food group of it's own merit and I always have a banana or two that can be used, this sounds wonderful. Thanks for the post, dear. Yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
YUM Krum!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Oh, my dear....I do not NEED these bars....but I'm definitely making them!
They sound heavenly!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!