Onion Bread PuddingFrom silverqueen 5 years ago
- 1 sweet onion I now use Vidalia, cut into 1/4" thick slices shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 8 cups cubed French bread shopping list
- 3/4 cup (3-oz) shredded Gruyère or swiss cheese, divided (She used Swiss) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion slices (keep onion slices intact), cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Combine the milk, salt, thyme, pepper and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add bread cubes and 1/2 cup cheese, toss to mixture well.
- Place bread mixture in an 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange onion slices on top of bread mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and golden.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating9 people
Silver, this is just wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your memory! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Oh our moms sure could cook. It's so nice to keep the recipes in circulation rather than stuck in some old box. I look forward to trying this recipe. Asparagus salad? Is that posted too???blondeberry in Charleston loved it
Love, love, love any type of bread pudding!!! Thanks!gardener61 in Woolwich loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!