Strawberry Tea SandwichesFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- 1 package (8 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature shopping list
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ NESQUIK Strawberry Flavor Powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel (optional) shopping list
- 3- to 4-inch round biscuit cutter or other fun cookie cutters shopping list
- 16 thin slices whole-wheat or white bread shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- COMBINE cream cheese and Nesquik in bowl; stir until Nesquik is dissolved. Stir in orange peel. Using biscuit cutter, cut each piece of bread into circles; discard excess.
- SPREAD about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over half of the bread circles. Place about 4 slices strawberries on top of cream cheese mixture; top with remaining bread circles.
- VARIATION: Use 1/2 cup peeled, thinly sliced cucumber in place of strawberries. Fresh mint leaves are also a great addition to both strawberry and cucumber sandwiches.