Southern Pork Roast And VegetablesFrom lanacountry 8 years ago
- Southern pork roast & vegetables shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, divided shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds of pork loin roast shopping list
- 1/2 cup of flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup of melted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chipped shopping list
- 4 carrots cut into short pieces shopping list
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in half shopping list
- 2 cups (1 1/2-inch) cubed turnips (OPTIONAL, BUT GOOD!) shopping list
How to make it
- Rub 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black
- pepper on the roast and dredge the roast in the flour.
- Brown the roast on all sides in butter and oil in a deep, large cast iron skillet.
- Remove the roast from the skillet and drain.
- Cook the onion in the skillet with the drippings until tender and place the roast over the onions.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and sprinkle the remaining salt and pepper over the vegetables.
- Cover the skillet and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours. Place the roast on a serving dish and place the vegetables around it.
- Slice and serve.
- Please see: Pork Loin And Gravy
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating10 people
Love the recipe. And I love turnips with pork!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This is a great recipe. We love pork roast.cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
mmmm! This looks wonderful! And my garden is bursting with turnips...nice new way to use em. Gott try it. You've got my 5!buncobimbo in Toledo loved it