Celery CasseroleFrom keni 8 years ago
- 3 cups celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 package frozen peas shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 can cream of celery soup(I use my own version--see my recipe list for that recipe:) shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half shopping list
- 1 small can french fried onions shopping list
- 1t cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, saute celery and garlic in butter until celery is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add peas, chestnuts, mushrooms, soup, milk, 1/2 of the onions, salt and peppers.
- Pour all into 2q casserole dish and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Add rest of onions and bake until golden brown, about 5-10 minutes more.