Fresh Peach Upside Down CakeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1½ pounds fresh, ripe peaches shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1½ cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (almond is also good in this) shopping list
- 1 cup cake flour shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Saigon cinnamon is excellent) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I usually omit this – whatever you prefer) shopping list
How to make it
- Place 5 tablespoons butter in a 10” skillet or 10x7 glass baking dish; melt.
- Brush butter up sides of skillet or baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter in bottom of pan.
- Scald the peaches to easily remove the skins (place whole peaches in boiling water for a few seconds – remove – plunge them into an ice-water bath and quickly slip off the skins).
- Slice the peaches and arrange them over brown sugar and butter in pan.
- Melt remaining butter in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with ½ cup white sugar.
- Add lemon zest, vanilla and melted butter; beat until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy, then gradually beat in remaining 1 cup sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gently fold combined egg mixture into flour mixture until all ingredients are incorporated into the batter.
- Spoon the cake batter over the peaches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes, until cakes tests done.
- Remove skillet or baking dish from oven and immediately invert cake onto serving platter.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating10 people
I love this, Krum and the peaches here are fantastic.Thanks for the post and will make this very weekend. Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
mmm, I haven´t tried it with peaches, great idea! thanks Krummagali777 in Mexico loved it
Sounds really delicious, Krum! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!