APPLE CRISPFrom bestcooker 8 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 6 large golden delicious apples shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) COLD butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- One at a time, peel apples and cut into 1/4 inch slices. After slicing each apple, place slices in a large bowl and LIGHTLY sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown while you prepare the remaining apples. Occasionally stir with a rubber spatula so more of the slices are coated with the lemon juice without having to add too much. You want to use as little lemon juice as possible.
- Place apple slices in an ungreased 2-quart, shallow, glass baking dish. Arrange slices by hand, if necessary, to make sure all of the apples fit nicely. It will be a tight squeeze, but they will cook down while baking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in nuts, if using. Sprinkle topping evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender or of desired doneness. Cool slightly and serve warm or cold. Top with vanilla ice cream, if desired, and drizzle with caramel sauce. Store leftovers LOOSELY covered in the refrigeration. If you cover them too tightly, the moisture in the apples will make the topping soft and mushy.
- Note: Recipe is easily halved to make a smaller pan.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating7 people
Sounds great! Love this as a light breakfast or a snack (or of course-dessert!). Thanks, Bestcooker.elle55 in Pittsburg loved it
Bestcooker...you did it again....lol...my daughter and I loooved this crisp. Served warm with some vanilla ice cream....just enough topping. Will be making this again. Thanks!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it
I just tried this recipe, and omg was it good! The only thing I did differently was I added some allspice. I'm currently having to fight to keep from eating the entire thing by myself!!monica26 in Cleveland loved it