BEST BANANA BREADFrom bestcooker 8 years ago
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons sour cream, heaping shopping list
- 4 overripe bananas shopping list
- 2 tsps. vanilla shopping list
- . shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- hot water shopping list
- . shopping list
- Topping Variation: shopping list
- 1/2 C. flour shopping list
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 C. butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour two 8X4 OR three 7X3 loaf pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and chopped nuts, if using; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together butter, eggs, sour cream, bananas, and vanilla with a wooden spoon. Using a rubber spatula, lightly fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- In small bowl, mix together 3 Tablespoons sugar and cinnamon for topping. Add JUST ENOUGH hot water to make of “drizzly” consistency. Drizzle over tops of batter. If making topping variation, mix all of the ingredients together with a fork until crumbly and sprinkle over tops of batter.
- Bake 1 hr. (about 45-50 mins. for smaller loaves) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans and carefully remove parchment paper from bottoms of the loaves. Place loaves on wire rack and cool completely.
- Note: Bread freezes well made with either topping. Recipe can also be made with frozen mashed bananas. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and bake as directed above. The original recipe from my friend called for orange juice instead of hot water in the cinnamon/sugar topping, but I found it made the corners of the loaves stick in the pans when trying to remove them. You can try it with orange juice and see which you like better.
People Who Like This Dish 31
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating11 people
I just made this and it so wonderful!!!! I love the cinnamon drizzle topping. I had a pile up of frozen bananas and was looking for something to do with them than make my same old recipe. Thanks Bestcooker your recipes have yet to let me down!sanzoe in Minnetonka loved it
My daughter said this was the BEST banana bread ever!!! 10 forks!! Thank you so much for sharing this one Bestcooker....I used the cinnamon drizzle and they came out beautiful....I am trying to post a picture for you. I am bringing my second loaf to ...moreslj6lori in Succasunna loved it
This is sooo good. Very moist the nice little crunchy sugar topping makes it different than most banana bread recipes. We loved it!babskitchen in Ft. Myers loved it