Mama Jos Cream Cheese Pound CakeFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 3 sticks (1½ cups) unsalted butter, plus more for pan shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- confectioners' sugar, for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 10-inch tube pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine 3 sticks butter and cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar; increase the speed to high, and beat until light and airy (about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt all at once.
- Beat just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and shake lightly to even out top. Bake until cake is golden brown and cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean (about 1 hour and 15 minutes).
- Place pan on a cooling rack; cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan, and let cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Mama Jos cake sounds super good gotta try it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
This is the way I make my Cream Cheese Pound Cake, it's truely a wonderful recipe, so moist and firm. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it