Not The Same Old Stuffed PeppersFrom caterpillergrrl 4 years ago
- 6 peppers (your choice of color) with the tops cut off and the seeds removed shopping list
- 1 medium chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or brown) shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice shopping list
- 8 cups boiled water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place peppers in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers with a slotted spoon and drain excess water.
- Sauté onion in oil in small nonstick skillet. Reserve.
- in a large bowl, combine rice, onion, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and cottage cheese.
- Place peppers in a 13"x9"x2" baking dish.
- Spoon cottage cheese/rice mixture into pepper shells.
- Sprinkle each pepper half with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookcaterpillergrrl Johnstown, PA
The Rating6 people
Oh, I'll have to give this a try for our meatless night. Lovely and I appreciate the reviews, too.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Not the same old stuffed peppers indeed!. I'll give them a go, as soon as I get into town to buy a heap of pepers. Cheers!trev in Bogangar loved it
Made these today. Waiting to cool for a taste test.
Hope you like the picture. Only had 4 peppers and was at that use it or loose it stage. Used diced tomato instead of stewed. It's what I had on hand.
Used ricotta cheese, again...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!