Bathe The Bread SandwichFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- CHILL TIME 4 TO 24 HOURS shopping list
- 1 8-inch round loaf of crusty bread, preferably with rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic shopping list
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium tamari soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 6-oz. zucchini, ends trimmed shopping list
- 3 4-inch portobello mushroom caps, gills removed shopping list
- 1 8-oz. pkg. tomato-and-basil hummus, or as desired shopping list
- 3 whole roasted red bell peppers or 1 12-oz. jar, drained shopping list
- 1 packed cup baby arugula leaves shopping list
- 1 large ripe yellow or red heirloom tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Halve bread horizontally, using serrated knife. Starting 1/2-inch from edges, remove about 1 inch soft bread from center of each half, making hollows for filling; lightly brush cut surfaces with 2 Tbs. oil, and rub with garlic clove.
- Squeeze garlic clove through press into bowl; add remaining 2 Tbs. oil, tamari and mustard, and whisk to blend.
- Pare zucchini lengthwise with vegetable peeler into paper-thin slices, omitting seedy center. Cut mushrooms on diagonal into wide paper-thin slices.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms to dressing; toss. Marinate 10 minutes; drain, reserving any dressing.
- To assemble sandwich, spread bread hollows with hummus.
- Over bottom half of bread, layer zucchini slices, half the peppers, mushroom slices, arugula, tomato slices and remaining peppers; grind on black pepper to taste, and replace bread top.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; place on large plate and top with heavy pot lid.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, unwrap and cut into 6 wedges.
- Nutritional Information
- Per SERVING:
- Calories 310
- Protein 9g
- Total fat 17g
- Carbs 33g
- Cholesterol mg
- Sodium 660mg
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 4g
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating9 people
This just might be very tasty! You have my 5!m2googee in Tomball loved it
You have my 5 as well, no idea who lowballed this, but it was undeserving. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sounds heavenly!pat2me in Nashua loved it