Black Forest PieFrom keni 8 years ago
- chocolate Filling Layer: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 2/3 cups pecans, almonds or pinenuts crushed shopping list
- 2T flour shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 2T water or cherry liquid shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 4oz sour cream shopping list
- 2T sugar shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla or almond extract shopping list
- 1 can cherry pie filling or sweetened canned or fresh cherries shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- about 2t shortening shopping list
- (optional) shopping list
- Unbaked pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar and cocoa. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add pecans and flour, stirring well.
- Slowly add egg yolks one at a time mixing each time.
- Add water(or cherry juice)
- With a mixer, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Slowly add 1/4 sugar while continue to beat about another minute until soft peaks form.
- Fold chocolate mixture into egg white mixture until just blended.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir together topping ingredients, other than cherries, until well combined.
- Spread over pie while still warm and top with cherries.
- Continue to bake for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening on stove top or microwave and drizzle over pie then refrigerate for couple hours.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- sandy1955 Nowhere, Us
- christinem Worcester, MA
- tilgidh Blackshear, GA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- sunny Portland, OR
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- sparkle Orba, ES
- mcboo MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
wonderful easy cake thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
YUMMM!sunny in Portland loved it
Sounds awesome! I will substitute flour with a gluten free flour and I have a great recipe for a flaky wheat free crust-I can't wait to try this! A 5 from me!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it