Bread PuddingFrom scearley 7 years ago
- 1/4 lb margarine, melted shopping list
- 2 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1/4 can evaporated milk (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1 oz vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 c raisins shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 loaf stale bread, broken into fairly small pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the bread in a quart of warm water. (If you use fresh bread, or at least not stale bread, use your judgment abotu how much or if it needs to soak)
- Once all bread is thoroughly soaked, gently squeeze the excess water out and set the bread to one side.
- Discard the water.
- Mix all ingredients except the bread in a bowl.
- Add the bread and mix.
- Spread the mixed ingredients on the bottom of a deep baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
The Rating4 people
We made a lot of home made bread growing up. This is what we used our heal or just dried out bread. Bread and rice pudding is what we mostly eat. We usually ate for breakfest.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
yummy...itsjustjuwah in Jena loved it
This turned out pretty good. Used whole wheat bread. Ran low on vanilla extract so made up the difference with rum extract.
See also Bread Pudding.pointsevenout in Athens loved it