Hearty and Healthy Vegetarian StewFrom stylistmama 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced thinly into rings shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 32oz. can diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 4 cups stock (chicken or vegetable) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 15oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 tablespoons parmesan, divided shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stock pot, saute onions in olive oil until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil and thyme and continue cooking for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, stock, bay leaves, potatoes, carrots, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans and zucchini and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, divide into bowls and sprinkle each serving with one tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookstylistmama Des Moines, WA
The Rating6 people
Excellent veg soup! A must on my soup list. Thanks for posting. :-)tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
Sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Fantastic! Made this last night and took for lunch today. Great flavors, followed exactly, although I did add 1 diced sweet potato to the mix. Loved this stew! Thanks!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!