Sparky Maries Smokin Red Roasted PotatoesFrom tazoncaffeine 6 years ago
- 8-9 large red potatoes (about 7-9 ounces each) shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil* shopping list
- Salt* shopping list
- Pepper* shopping list
- smoked paprika (regular is fine too)* shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 a stick), melted shopping list
- Dried Tarragon* shopping list
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped* shopping list
- Fresh thyme, chopped* shopping list
How to make it
- Place each potato in the bowl of a wooden spoon. Using a very sharp knife slice each potato until the knife cannot cut further. This will give you the characteristic sliced look.
- After slicing place the potatoes on a microwave safe dish and cover with wax paper. Cook on high for 12 minutes or until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, trying carefully to include each slice. Sprinkle each potato with salt, pepper and smoked paprika (regular is fine too). Place in a 450 degree oven for 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven melt a 1/4 cup butter and drizzle over each potato. Top with tarragon, parsley and thyme.
- *Quantities used for this recipe will vary depending on how much you want to put on each potato.
- These potatoes can also be made with other fresh herbs. Use whatever you like, the possibilities are endless.
The Cooktazoncaffeine Manchester, NH
The Rating6 people
Haven't tried these with tarragon and paprika....sounds wonderful!pat2me in Nashua loved it
What a nice and beautiful way to serve pototoes!dynie in Marietta loved it
This sounds fabulous. Can't wait to try. Love them taters. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it