Sparky Maries Smokin Red Roasted PotatoesFrom tazoncaffeine 7 years ago
- 8-9 large red potatoes (about 7-9 ounces each) shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil* shopping list
- Salt* shopping list
- Pepper* shopping list
- smoked paprika (regular is fine too)* shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 a stick), melted shopping list
- Dried Tarragon* shopping list
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped* shopping list
- Fresh thyme, chopped* shopping list
How to make it
- Place each potato in the bowl of a wooden spoon. Using a very sharp knife slice each potato until the knife cannot cut further. This will give you the characteristic sliced look.
- After slicing place the potatoes on a microwave safe dish and cover with wax paper. Cook on high for 12 minutes or until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, trying carefully to include each slice. Sprinkle each potato with salt, pepper and smoked paprika (regular is fine too). Place in a 450 degree oven for 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven melt a 1/4 cup butter and drizzle over each potato. Top with tarragon, parsley and thyme.
- *Quantities used for this recipe will vary depending on how much you want to put on each potato.
- These potatoes can also be made with other fresh herbs. Use whatever you like, the possibilities are endless.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktazoncaffeine Manchester, NH
The Rating6 people
Haven't tried these with tarragon and paprika....sounds wonderful!pat2me in Nashua loved it
What a nice and beautiful way to serve pototoes!dynie in Marietta loved it
This sounds fabulous. Can't wait to try. Love them taters. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it