Korean Beef Marinade In Soy Sauce-jang JorimFrom littlesponger 8 years ago
- 1-11/2 lbs beef top round (or shank or eye round) shopping list
- 2 qt water (or less water) shopping list
- 1 cup soy sauce (or less soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 jalapenos, cut in half in length, seeded shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (mirin) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the beef in cold water for about 1 hour to get rid of the blood.
- Cut the meat into big chunk size (about 2 inch square)
- Place the meat in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the pot from the heat and drain water out and add cold water to cover the meat and return to heat, bring to boil.
- When it is boiling, skim off the froth. Add soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, ginger powder, Cover and simmer for 1 hour on medium heat until half the sauce disappears. (Stir often). * Do not cover the top all the way. need air to be evaporated the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and cool it down for about 1 hour.
- Torn the beef to bite size. Serve on a dish as much as you are going to eat and keep the rest of it in the air tight container.
- Refrigerate the beef in the sauce. The fat will rise to the top and can then be removed.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating5 people
fantastic recipe love it thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds delicious,I have saved it and will have to try it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I agree with the others...sounds and looks so delicious! I will be trying this. Thanks for sharing :) ^5
lori4flavor in Chicago loved it