Home-brewed KahluaFrom krumkake 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a heat-tolerant glass bowl, pour boiling water over instant coffee granules and sugar; stir until sugar and coffee granules are dissolved.
- Add the split, chopped vanilla beans, and then stir in the brandy.
- Stir to mix all together well.
- Cover tightly and let set at room temperature for 30 days.
- Then begin to enjoy - here are some of my favorite ways to use it:
- Kahlua Ice Cream: pour 2 tablespoons Kahlua over a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream
- Kahlua Smoothie: in blender, blend 1 big scoop vanilla ice cream, ¼ cup Kahlua and ¼ cup heavy cream (enough to thin out the drink to your preference and taste)
- Colorado Bulldog: ½ cup Kahlua, ½ cup milk or cream, 1 shot of vodka, 1 shot of coke; serve over ice
- Kahlua Spiked Coffee: add a shot of Kahlua to your cup of coffee; add some cream, if desired
- Vanilla Russian: ¼ cup Kahlua, ¼ cup cream, 1 shot of vanilla-flavored vodka; serve over ice (or use regular flavored vodka to make a traditional White Russian)
- Polar Bear: mix equal amounts of Kahlua, vodka, and heavy cream; serve over ice
- Kahlua Frosting: Use Kahlua instead of milk to make white frosting – good on chocolate cake!
- Kahlua Icebox (good after dinner drink!): Fill a blender about ¾ full of a good vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream (this is good with chocolate ice cream, too) – blend in ¼ cup Kahlua and ¼ cup good bourbon. This drink should be thick enough to serve in a cocktail or wine glass (fun in margarita glasses, too) with a spoon. As it melts, you can just slurp the rest right out of the glass!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating8 people
I haven't had this in 20+ years. I was 20 something!?! OMG time does fly! Thanks for giving me back the recipe!gardener61 in Woolwich loved it
Great recipe! Thank youelgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love this...What else can I say?..Thanks..:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!