Marshmallow Creme Banana BarsFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- ½ cup solid shortening shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¼ cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ teaspoon banana flavoring (I rarely have this on hand, and it can be omitted) shopping list
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas shopping list
- 1½ cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow crème shopping list
- Browned butter caramel Frosting (recipe posted separately) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together shortening and both sugars.
- Stir in egg thoroughly, then stir in sour cream, baking soda/water mixture, extract, and flavoring (if using); blend well.
- Add mashed bananas to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients; mix together until all ingredients are incorporated into batter.
- Pour batter into lightly sprayed or greased 10x15 baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 to 22 minutes, or until top springs back when poked with your finger.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately drop spoonfuls of marshmallow crème over top of bars.
- Allow crème to set on bars for a couple minutes, allowing the heat from the bars to melt the crème enough to allow you to use the back of a spoon to spread the crème over the top of the bar (use a soft touch or you will pull up the top of the bars as you spread).
- NOTE: Do not spread the crème to the very edge of the pan – it will melt down between the pan and the bars, making a mess when trying to cut the bars. I leave just an inch or so between the crème and the edge of the baking pan.
- When bars have cooled completely, frost very gently with the browned butter caramel frosting – you don’t want to pull up the crème as you frost, so I use a pretty thin frosting, almost like a glaze, and gently spread over the crème.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating10 people
It looks tasty. Who cares if it's sticky if it looks like that! Yum..another great one to try. Thanks Krum!michellem in Idaho loved it
There you go again, Krum, with all of this delicious
banana recipe business! I love banana desserts...
...BUNCHES!!! Pun INTENDED!!! LOL!!!
good to see you!
pink~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
**Grump and grumble***....there's go me diet... again!!!! LOL You sure do have some awesome recipes!!! ;9angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!