Shrimp ToastFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 5 spice powder to taste(optional) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c. minced water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced ginger root shopping list
- 6 slices day old bread, crust removed shopping list
- 2 c. cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place shrimp, onions, egg, sherry, cornstarch, salt and pepper in food processor or blender and whirl until smooth paste is formed.
- Remove to bowl and stir in water chestnuts and ginger root. Spread 2 tbsp. shrimp mixture on each slice of bread.
- Freeze 15 minutes or until bread can be easily cut. Cut diagonally in quarters.
- In medium skillet, heat oil and add a few pieces shrimp side down.
- Fry over medium high heat. Turn and fry; remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- You can fry them part way, freeze and then finish in oven for later use.. Re heat from frozen state at about 400 until hot.
- I love these things!