Orange Whipped Cream ToppingFrom krumkake 8 years ago
How to make it
- In the top of a double boiler pan, whisk together sugar and flour.
- Whisk in egg, mixing well.
- Add the juice and grated rind, whisking until well blended.
- Cook mixture over boiling water until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and cool mixture completely.
- When cooled, gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Serve over angelfood slices, white cake, sponge cake, pound cake, vanilla ice cream - any way you can think of! A nice presentation is served over any cake slice, with mandarin orange slices around the edge of the plate, wtih some slivered almonds scattered over all.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
Yummy! Thanks Krum!gardener61 in Woolwich loved it
This one sounds delicious, like a mousse - I would also like it with fruits only. Saved it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Luscious sounding stuff! Good golly woman get going through the old recipes and post them. You have been holding out on me way to long!!=))michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!