Farmers Market QuesadillasFrom jrbaker 5 years ago
- 6 9 inch whole grain tortillas shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups of your favorite mixed chopped vegetables: red, yellow, or green pepper, zucchini, squash, eggplant, mushrooms, & red onion shopping list
- 1 1/8 cups 2% milk shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- sour cream, salsa, and guacamole(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick pan, saute chopped vegetables over medium to medium high heat in the olive oil for about 7 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium, spray the same pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese on one tortilla and layer 3/4 cup of the vegetable mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle another 1/8 cup of cheese on the vegetables, and top with a second tortilla.
- Carefully place the quesadilla in the nonstick pan. Cook until golden on both sides, for approximately 2-3 minutes per side, spraying with cooking spray when necessary.
- Remove quesadilla from pan and cut into 8 triangles with a pizza cutter. Serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream, and guacamole if desired.