Oatmeal PastryFrom whodunitrdr 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in the shortening until the size of peas.
- Mix in the water a tablespoon at a time with a fork until the dough comes together.
- This recipe takes a bit more water than standard pastry because the oats absorb some water.
- Divide the dough in half and form each into a 1/2 inch thick disk, wrap each half in plastic and chill before rolling.
- Makes enough for a 10-inch double crust pie.
- NOTES : If desired, may add 1 tablespoon grated orange rind with the dry ingredients.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookwhodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
The Rating5 people
wow gonna use this one thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Testing out this pie crust now. In the fridge chilling. Forgot to add the orange rind. Maybe next time. Also put the shortening in the freezer for several hours to firm it up and make it more workable cutting it into the flour mix. Using butter flavo...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
This is a great crust. Thanks. I'll try to remember to put the orange rind in next time.pointsevenout in Athens loved it