Salmon Puffs With Beurre BlancFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- 1.5 lb salmon fillet (boneless and skinless) shopping list
- kosher salt, white pepper shopping list
- 1 medium leek shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 8 basil leaves (may be substituted with tarragon, oregano, or sage) shopping list
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry (brick pastry is even better, if you can find it) shopping list
- 4 pieces blanched green onion (or chives, to tie the puffs, optional) shopping list
- 3 tbsp French shallots, minced shopping list
- 3 tbsp dry white wine shopping list
- 1 tbsp cream shopping list
- 6 tbsp white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut leek into four pieces. Wash thoroughly and thinly slice. In a pan, sauté leek in butter 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In another pan, combine French shallots, white wine and white wine vinegar. Heat just until white wine has completely evaporated. Add cream and keep warm. Season with white pepper to taste and pinch of salt.
- Cut salmon fillet into small slices and divide into four equal portions. Season with kosher salt and white pepper. (At this point you can sear the salmon in a little olive oil or just leave them raw, up to you. I prefer searing because it creates a nice caramelized crust).
- Place one portion in the middle of a phyllo pastry sheet.
- Place two basil leaves on top of salmon. Add salt and pepper. Close pastry and tie with chive or green onion. Repeat with the remaining three portions.
- Place puffs on parchment lined baking pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Presentation: Place a little leek mixture in the middle of each plate. Lay a salmon puff on top and drizzle beurre blanc all around it.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating6 people
Hmmm, just happen to have everything I need for this recipe except the Salmon. And that is a proplem easily solved. These sound wonderful and the photo makes it look almost to pretty to eat..Ha Ha... Great recipe... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
This is one recipe that I am going to LOVE! Thanks!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
So elegant!elgab89 in Toronto loved it