Creamy Tomato Basil SoupFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 6 to 8 large tomatoes, cubed and cooked shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery with leaves shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- cracked black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon creole spice shopping list
- 4 slices of crisp cooked bacon, crumbled shopping list
- shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- croutons shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions, celery, and garlic in butter until tender.
- Place cooked tomatoes in blender, add onion mixture and process in blender until smooth,
- In medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Add tomatoes, onion mixture and bacon,
- Lower heat to med/low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with creole spice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in heavy cream and continue to cook on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes
- Ladle over croutons and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating7 people
This sounds delicious - tomatoes are always in abundance in my garden-great recipe! 5!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Hey, Lincoltoot! Send over some of those tomatoes so I can make this...my tomatoes aren't producing this year! Sounds wonderful, Dmajor...worth going out to the farm market!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Mmmmmmmmmm, delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!