AMISH APPLE CAKEFrom lanacountry 8 years ago
- AMISH applE cake shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. finely chopped apples, such as Granny Smith shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter, softened shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 c. all purpose flour shopping list
- --HOT CARAMEL SAUCE:-- shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter shopping list
- 1 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well blended. Mix in the soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the flour and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the apples and nuts.
- Pour into an oiled 9" round cake pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until the top springs back when touched lightly with your finger.
- Serve with Hot Caramel Sauce.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and milk.
- Serve warm sauce over cake. .
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cooklanacountry Macon, GA
The Rating7 people
This cake looks and sounds so good, mmmm. I bet it is so moist and deserves a 5 in my book. Great recipe. Lucycardinal54 in Cuthbert loved it
Oh my gosh this looks good. I'm right there with Cardinal54 and I'm giving your recipe 5 forks as well. Thanks so much for submitting this winner.peepers in loved it
Oh, yummy......fall baking is right around the corner!pat2me in Nashua loved it