Chocolate cherry bavarian cakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- chocolate genoise: shopping list
- 1/3 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened alkalized cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 large eggs plus 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- chocolate filling: shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva dark chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- Cherry Bavarian: shopping list
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) cherry in syrup, drain and reserve syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream + tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- Assembly: shopping list
- Godiva dark chocolate, coarsely grated shopping list
- 1/2 pint fresh cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Make the genoise:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and side of 9-inch round baking pan. Line with parchment or waxed paper.
- Sift together cake flour, cornstarch and cocoa.
- Beat together whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and salt in heatproof bowl, using hand-held electric mixer at medium speed. Place bowl over pan of simmering water and continue beating until the mixture is lukewarm, about 100°F. Remove from water. Increase speed to high and beat until mixture is cooled and increased in volume, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture in three additions, gently folding with a rubber spatula. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched with finger. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edge with knife and invert cake onto a rack. Carefully remove paper. Place another rack on cake and invert again. Cool completely.
- Make the chocolate filling:
- Heat heavy cream in saucepan to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and let stand 30 seconds. Whisk in butter until smooth.
- Make the Raspberry Bavarian:
- Combine cherries and sugar in a saucepan. Heat to a boil and simmer 10 minutes. Strain mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into bowl. Cool to room temperature and process in the food processor. Combine 1/3 cup of the reserved syrup and gelatin in heatproof cup and let stand 5 minutes. Place over a saucepan with simmering water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Whisk into cherry purée.
- Beat heavy cream in bowl until soft peaks form, using electric mixer at high speed. Fold whipped cream into cherry mixture.
- Cut genoise horizontally into two equal layers. Place one layer in bottom of 9-inch springform pan, cut side up. Brush with 2 tbsp of the reserved cherry syrup. Whisk cooled chocolate filling to lighten it and spread half of filling over cake. Top with half of the cherry Bavarian. Top with other cake layer, cut side down. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate until mixture sets, about 2 hours.
- To serve: Run a small knife between dessert and pan. Remove side of springform pan. Press chocolate shavings around sides and sprinkle 8 portions over the top Arrange cherries over each portion and one in the center
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
kudos!midgelet in Eastern loved it
wow!!!!!loved it.so nice pict&colour combo....excellent work....great cake.angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Ahmed--I am running out of adjectives to describe how wonderful your desserts are so I'll just say wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow!!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it