Debs Americanized Indian Chicken CurryFrom dmajor 8 years ago
- 1 roasted deli chicken, meat removed and cut up into bite size pieces shopping list
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled,cubed and par boiled shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 to 5 tablespoons mild curry paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger shopping list
- 4 cups cooked rice shopping list
- Tomato relish recipe follows shopping list
- 1/3 cup fried garlic slices( about 6 cloves, sliced thin and fried golden brown ) This is a garnish and really adds to the dish, so don't leave out! shopping list
- 8 Poppadums(found in International stores) fried to golden brown and drained shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Tomato relish: shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- dash salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, and onions in oil for about 2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add broth, chicken, and tomatoes and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to medium and add potatoes, cumin, curry paste. and coconut milk.
- Continue to cook on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Serve relish, fried garlic and poppadums on the side.
- Curry paste can be adjusted if too spicy(just cut it down a little)
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating4 people
looks great.. im a curry lover i will try this. you should check out my slow cooked lamb curry i think you would like this and youre mother in law might like it to..foyboy77 in Fife loved it
Great recipe. So smart to use a deli chicken, you hardly have to heat up the house! I can't wait to try this, thank you.gwbaskin in Edmonton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!