Enchiladas De Pollo ChickenFrom conner909 5 years ago
- 2 whole chicken breasts (4 breasts as most of us know them) shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1/2 small onion shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 8 peppercorns shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup) shopping list
- 1 (4-oz.) can green chiles shopping list
- 1 (4-oz.) can tomatillos, drained or 1-3/4 cups drained canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup lard (or Crisco) shopping list
- 8 corn tortillas shopping list
- 4 oz. Cheddar or monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup) shopping list
- guacamole (your favorite fresh or purchased) shopping list
- 1 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 3or 4 radishes, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups shredded lettuce shopping list
- 12 ripe olives shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Add water to cover, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.
- Cool chicken in broth.
- Drain, reserving broth for another use.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks or with your fingers.
- Mix shredded chicken, chopped onion, Parmesan cheese and 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
- Set aside.
- In blender or food processor, combine green chiles, tomatillos or tomatoes, cilantro, whipped cream, and egg.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt, again, to taste.
- Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat lard or Crisco in a small skillet.
- With tongs, carefully place 1 tortilla at a time in hot lard.
- Hold in lard 3 to 5 seconds until softened.
- Quickly turn tortilla and soften other side, 3 to 5 seconds.
- Drain over skillet or on paper towels.
- Place 1/8 of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, pressing the mixture to make it compact.
- Roll tightly and place seam-side down in a 12"x7 1/2" baking dish.
- Pour chile-cream mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle evenly with 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- Prepare Guacamole.
- for each serving, place 2 enchiladas on a plate and top with avbout 3 Tablespoons of sour cream.
- Place a mound of Guacamole over sour cream.
- Garnish with radish slices.
- Place 1/2 cup shredded lettuce next to enchiladas, if desired.
- Place a mound of Guacamole on lettuce. Top Guacamole with 1 Tbsp. sour cream and 2 ripe olives, if desired.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating9 people
My Family and Friends will absolutely RAVE
about these Enchiladas...! WHY?...
Because they are a "5"FORK!!!!! Masterpiece!
Really sound Delicious...Thank-you for sharing.
~ * ~ mjcmcook ~ * ~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Your making me hungry with this posting... :)turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
'sounds divine! I love Mexican cuisine!dynie in Marietta loved it