Cod with a lemon cream sauceFrom rottman 5 years ago
- 1 lb fresh or frozen cod or shopping list
- other fish fillets shopping list
- 1 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1 tb lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 c carrot; chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c onion; chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1 ts cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 ts dill shopping list
- 1/2 ts instant chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- hot cooked noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Measure the thickness of fish; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet combine water and lemon juice. Bring to boiling. Add fish, tucking under any thin edges; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a covered small saucepan cook carrot and onion in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. In a small bowl stir together milk, cornstarch, dill, and bouillon granules; stir into carrot mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve the fish with sauce. If desired, serve with hot cooked noodles. .
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating5 people
The sauce is really nice. It is delicate enough to accompany fish. Great recipe. Thank you!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love this. Sounds delicious and healthy.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Love fish and love the sauce. Thanks.^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it