Cod with a lemon cream sauceFrom rottman 6 years ago
- 1 lb fresh or frozen cod or shopping list
- other fish fillets shopping list
- 1 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1 tb lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 c carrot; chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c onion; chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1 ts cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 ts dill shopping list
- 1/2 ts instant chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- hot cooked noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Measure the thickness of fish; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet combine water and lemon juice. Bring to boiling. Add fish, tucking under any thin edges; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a covered small saucepan cook carrot and onion in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. In a small bowl stir together milk, cornstarch, dill, and bouillon granules; stir into carrot mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Serve the fish with sauce. If desired, serve with hot cooked noodles. .
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating5 people
Love fish and love the sauce. Thanks.^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I love this. Sounds delicious and healthy.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
The sauce is really nice. It is delicate enough to accompany fish. Great recipe. Thank you!elgab89 in Toronto loved it