Bbq ChickenFrom laurakaay 5 years ago
- Whole large package of chicken legs (use any bone in chicken you want, we like legs the best) shopping list
- Enough olive oil to coat the chicken shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- BBQ Sauce - either your own home made or your favorite combo from the store. shopping list
- 3 TBS. grape jelly shopping list
- 3 TBS. honey shopping list
- 1 TBS. molasses shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken and pat dry, place in large baking dish ( I use my lasagna dishes).
- Wash your hands thoroughly, you just handled chicken! lol
- Grab your EVOO and salt and pepper, cover chicken pieces with each on both sides.
- Cover chicken with tin foil and throw it in the oven on 350 for an hour and a half.
- Prepare a broiler pan with non-stick spray.
- Remove chicken from oven and set the temp to broil. When heated, put chicken in under broiler and cook until skin is crunchy 5-10 minutes is usually good for me, but I have an oven that is older than God himself. So use your good judgment here.
- Remove chicken from broiler and let rest 15 minutes.
- Get your BBQ sauce warmed up in a sauce pan, add grape jelly, honey and molasses to store bought sauces...trust me!!! Whisk until consistency is smoth.
- Place chicken in large container, place sauce over chicken, cover container and do the chicky, chicky shake until all chicken is coated.
- Remove to a serving plater and enjoy!
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating4 people
I love this recipe....especially the chicky chicky shake part! loljett2whit in Union City loved it
Fabulous recipe! I love bbq chicken but it never seems done enough on the grill, for me so I wait till it's bout done and then I add the sauce. I like your recipe lots better!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
What a great use of grape jelly! I love it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it