Vanilla pound cake and serving ideasFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F (165C). Butter and line the base of two 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pans.
- Line them with parchment paper and butter the paper. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the butter and sugar together till light and creamy. Break the eggs in a separate bowl and beat lightly, add ¼ cup of the eggs to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed until incorporated. Repeat with the remaining beaten eggs in 3 equal portions. Add vanilla and beat again.
- Add half of the flour mixture and beat in low speed until mixed well, then add the remaining flour and beat until no white streaks are visible. Pour the mixture in the prepared pans and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in the pans for 30 minutes then invert on a wire rack to cool.
- Serving ideas:
- Cut the cake into slices, toast them in the oven for 10 minutes, serve warm with butter and your favorite kind of jam.
- Or cut into slices and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, chopped pecans and caramel sauce.
- Or cut into slices, place one slice on your serving dish. Spoon whipped cream over, top with another slice and drizzle with raspberry or cherry jam and decorate with fresh cherries
- Or place one slice in your serving dish and drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauce in a decorative pattern.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating17 people
Mr. Ahmed, You are one AWESOME Pastry Chef!!turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
Very well done,Ahmed.Send me one of those...anyone would be great.ambus in Lahore loved it
Wow,lovely, you always do such good presentations on your recipes. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it