Penne with Chicken Broccoli and CheeseFrom moss52 7 years ago
- 1 cup broccoli florets, divided into tiny sprigs shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups dried penne shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup panna da cucina or double cream shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz gorgonzola cheese, rind removed and diced small (I used crumbles and it came out great) shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Plunge the broccoli into a saucepan of boiling salted water. Bring back to the boil and boil for 2 minutes, then drain in colander and refresh under cold running water. Shake well to remove the surplus water and set aside to drain completely.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan, and the chicken and garlic, with salt and pepper to taste, and stir well. Fry over medium heat until the chicken becomes white. Meanwhile, start cooking the pasta.
- Pour the wine and cream over the chicken mixture in the pan, stir to mix, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 min. until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Add the broccoli, increase the heat and toss to heat it through and mix it with the chicken. Taste for seasoning.
- Drain pasta and tip it into the sauce. Add the Gorgonzola and toss well.
- Serve with grated Paremsan.
- mmmm mmmm mmmm! :)
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmoss52 TX
The Rating4 people
Just plane old great. Thanks for the post.elgourmand in Apia loved it
Oh my goodness, yummy! I'm a cheese LOVER! Gonna have to try this one! Thx. Pamelapamelanava in Prosper loved it
Yummy got my 5 this sounds great thank you for a great post, love broccoli and chesses.
Will have this Sunday for dinner with crusty Italian bread.
Have a great evening!!!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!