Applesauce Drop DoughnutsFrom blueeyes68ky 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- oil for deep-fat frying shopping list
- additional sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in applesauce and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add the creamed mixture alternately with milk (the batter will be thick).
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter a few at a time into hot oil.
- Turn with a slotted spoon and fry until golden, about 1 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar while warm.
- Yield: about 5 dozen.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating14 people
mmmmmmmmm... I can imagine eating these in the Fall, with a mug of hot chocolate topped with cinnamon and whipped cream!luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
Sounds yum-a-licious!!!!!sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
It's wonderful I like these apples:) lol I am now in happyville. You got my 5 blueeyes68ky,Thanks:)kimberry in Mesa loved it
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH145 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
An Apple A Day30 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members
Apple A Day12 members
Apples Plain And Simple57 members