Filet Mignon Fingerling Potatoes And Bearnaise AioliFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- For beef: shopping list
- 2 (8 oz) filet mignon steaks shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs shopping list
- For Potatoes: shopping list
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 crushed garlic clove shopping list
- smoked paprika shopping list
- dried dill shopping list
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- For Béarnaise Aioli: shopping list
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tsp champagne vinegar shopping list
- juice of 1/4 small lemon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley (plus extra for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Potatoes: In a large pot, cover the potatoes with enough water to cover some kosher salt and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool. (I don't like skin on potatoes at all so I actually peel these! The skin comes off easily without a peeler, just pull back with a small knife. Of course, if you are not anal retentive about this as I am, you can leave the skin on). Place olive oil, butter and crushed garlic in large non stick skillet over med high heat. When butter melts, add potatoes. Season with the smoked paprika, dill, salt and pepper. Continue to sauté potatoes, turning them over on each side occasionally, until golden brown. Remove the garlic clove if it starts to brown too much, it's really only there to flavor the oil and butter.
- Beef: Preheat grill. Season filets with kosher salt on both sides. Drop the rosemary sprigs into the hot coals right before you throw the meat on (creates a wonderful aroma and give great flavor to the beef!) Grill the filet mignon to medium-rare.
- Béarnaise Aioli: mix all ingredients in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To plate: place each steak on serving plate with potatoes on the side. Serve with a dollop of the béarnaise aioli and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
How absolutely wonderful!! Scrumptious. Love the Bearnaise Aioli! Just lovely. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
MMMMMM This sounds very good. I've only used fingerlings one time so this will be good, thanksmango in Marion loved it
Oh la la is right, this sounds absolutely amazing. Great recipe and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it