Braised Pork With ChiliesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 whole star anise shopping list
- 3 dried red chilies shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanut oil shopping list
- 4 pounds pork shoulder trimmed and cubed shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups rice wine shopping list
- 1 cup dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 6 whole green onions shopping list
- 5 thin slices ginger root shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups steamed rice shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap star anise, chilies and cinnamon sticks in cheesecloth then set aside.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in Dutch oven.
- Add pork in batches then brown on all sides about 5 minutes then remove.
- Combine broth, wine, soy sauces and sugar in Dutch oven then cook 3 minutes.
- Add spice bundle, garlic, green onions, ginger root and pepper then reduce heat.
- Add pork then simmer covered until pork is tender about 2 hours.
- Remove spice bundle then serve with rice.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!