Portuguese Traditional Fish SoupFrom gourmetana 8 years ago
- 2 pounds fresh fish of your choice (salmon, seabass, fresh cod, monkfish...) shopping list
- 1/2 pound tiger prawns shopping list
- 5 table spoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 2 potatoes shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 pound good red tomatoes (peeled) shopping list
- 1 red chili (if you like it) shopping list
- 1/2 pint white wine shopping list
- coriander leaves shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 6 pints water to boil the fish and prawn (add more later if needed) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the fish and the prawns in water seasoned with salt and bay leaf.
- Use a big pot and start cooking the chopped onion, garlic and carrot in olive oil. Let it be in low heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- Add the skinless potato in cubes, the tomato and the wine. Let it cook for 10 minutes and don't forget to stir.
- Save the boiled fish water and add to your vegetables.
- Taste it and season again if needed. It's time to add the chili pepper.
- While you let the soup cook, get rid of the fish bones.
- 45 minutes later take the chili and the bay leaf and use a hand blender to transform your veggies and water into a nice broth.
- After blended add the fish, prawns and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook for 10 minutes more and serve.
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating13 people
Love it! Hope you can join our Portuguese Cooking Group!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Such a great recipe! I am scrolling through your postings and drooling!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
OHHHHHHHHHHHH YUMMY Gourmet!! Love it and a
^^^^^5!! A+A+ :)
Lanalanacountry in Macon loved it