Portuguese Traditional Fish SoupFrom gourmetana 7 years ago
- 2 pounds fresh fish of your choice (salmon, seabass, fresh cod, monkfish...) shopping list
- 1/2 pound tiger prawns shopping list
- 5 table spoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 carrot shopping list
- 2 potatoes shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 pound good red tomatoes (peeled) shopping list
- 1 red chili (if you like it) shopping list
- 1/2 pint white wine shopping list
- coriander leaves shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 6 pints water to boil the fish and prawn (add more later if needed) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the fish and the prawns in water seasoned with salt and bay leaf.
- Use a big pot and start cooking the chopped onion, garlic and carrot in olive oil. Let it be in low heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- Add the skinless potato in cubes, the tomato and the wine. Let it cook for 10 minutes and don't forget to stir.
- Save the boiled fish water and add to your vegetables.
- Taste it and season again if needed. It's time to add the chili pepper.
- While you let the soup cook, get rid of the fish bones.
- 45 minutes later take the chili and the bay leaf and use a hand blender to transform your veggies and water into a nice broth.
- After blended add the fish, prawns and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook for 10 minutes more and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating13 people
Love it! Hope you can join our Portuguese Cooking Group!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Such a great recipe! I am scrolling through your postings and drooling!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
OHHHHHHHHHHHH YUMMY Gourmet!! Love it and a
^^^^^5!! A+A+ :)
Lanalanacountry in Macon loved it