Sour Cream Southern Fried ChickenFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 8 boneless chicken breasts, about 4 ounces each shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 T. Hot Shot shopping list
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed fine (or cornflake crumbs) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup potato chips, crushed fine (try changing up the flavors - cheddar & sour cream, onion, BBQ) shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pound the chicken breasts thin.
- In a large zip top plastic bag, combine the sour cream, buttermilk, granulated garlic and Hot Shot.
- Place chicken breasts in the plastic bag, squeeze out all the air and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tortilla chip crumbs, parsley and crushed potato chips. Remove chicken from marinade and press firmly into the breading mixture, completely coating the chicken. Repeat this for each piece.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until hot. Carefully place chicken in the oil and cook on each side until golden brown. This may have to be done in batches. Remove from oil and place on paper towel.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Finish cooking the chicken by placing it on a baking sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating11 people
Now you have my attention! Yummy!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This sounds really good. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
This does sound really really good. Great post and a high 5. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it