Smoky Mountain Wilted Lettuce SaladFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 lb Bibb or boston lettuce (4 heads), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped shopping list
- 6 bacon slices shopping list
- 4 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put lettuce, scallions, and eggs in a salad bowl.
- Cook bacon in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain and pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet. Add vinegar and sugar to bacon fat and cook over moderate heat, whisking, until sugar dissolves. Whisk in cream, salt, and pepper, then boil until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour hot dressing over salad and toss well. Season salad with salt and pepper, if necessary, and crumble bacon over top.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- hotcookingmomma Nowhere, Us
- greentreefrogs TN
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- irishiz Annapolis, MD
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- theiris Garden City, MI
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- babyhomersmommy West Bloomfield, MI
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating13 people
Good ole' SALADS!! FIVER from this kid!!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
What a marvelous "5"FORK!!!!! salad recipe!
I cannot believe my 'good luck' in this discovery!
Thank-you for sharing...
~*~ mj ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Love wilted lettuce tasty recipe high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!